Karachi: Shahtaj Sugar Mills Limited
46th Annual General Meetings of the Company is scheduled to be held on 30th January, 2012. The share Transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 23rd January, 2012 to 4th February, 2012 (both days inclusive).
We enclose herewith for your record and reference a Draft Notice of this Annual General Meeting. This Notice will be published in newspaper on 9th January, 2012.
Notice of Meeting
All the Shareholders,
Notice is hereby given to all the shareholders of Shahtaj Sugar Mills Limited that the 46th Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on Monday the 30th January, 2012 at 11.30 A.M. at Jasmine Hall, 1st Floor, Beach Luxury Hotel, M. T. Khan Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of 45th Annual General Meeting held on 27th January, 2011.
2. To receive, consider, and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 September, 2011 together with Auditors’ and Directors’ Reports thereon.
3. To approve final cash dividend @ Rs. 12.50 per share i.e. 125% for the year ended September 30, 2011 as recommended by the Director.
4. To appoint Auditors of the Company for the year 2011-12 and to fix their remuneration, The present Auditors M/s. Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Chartered Accountants, being eligible have offered themselves for reappointment.
5. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from Monday the 23rd January, 2012 to Saturday the 4th February 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote, Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Company’s Registered Office not less than 48 hours before the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed.
3. Holders of Accounts and Sub-Accounts for Company’s shares in Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, who wish to attend the Annual General Meetings may do so by identifying themselves through original C.N.I.C / Passport and providing a copy thereof.
For more information, contact:
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: (92-21) 111-001122
Fax: (92-21) 3241 0825, (92-21) 3241 5136