Karachi: The following decisions were taken by the Board of Director of Karachi Stock Exchange, in its meeting held on December 27, 2011:
1. Top 25 companies for the year 2010, as selected in terms of the prescribed criteria, were approved. The said criteria to be followed for the year 2011, without any change, was also approved.
2. The revised procedure for ‘Senior Member Award’ was approved, whereby members of the Exchange will be considered as individual and their seniority will be taken into account from the day of their association with the Exchange, despite the fact if their individual membership was converted subsequently to Corporate or they shifted to another Brokerage House, by maintaining the continuity without any break through their representation as Nominee Director.
3. Recommending to NCCPL to consider providing waiver or relaxation of UIN Registration Fee for those employees of Brokerage Houses, who do not opt for trading, by simply registering those inactive employees into their database.
4. Revised Internet Trading Regulations were approved after incorporating the amendments suggested by SECP.
5. Temporary suspension of trading in shares of M/s. S.S. Oil Mills Limited and M/s. Sakrand Sugar Mills Limited, to initiate the process of re-verification of Share Certificates/ Transfer Deeds, in view of their physical fake / forged shares in circulation in the market.
For more information, contact:
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: (92-21) 111-001122
Fax: (92-21) 3241 0825, (92-21) 3241 5136