Karachi: Notice is hereby given that the 58th Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Pakistan Cables Limited will be held on Wednesday the 28th September 2011 at 11.00 a.m. at the Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To receive and consider the Statement of Accounts for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Reports of the Directors and Auditors thereon.
2. To approve the payment of dividend as recommended by the Directors. The Directors have recommended a final cash dividend of 20% for the financial year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint Auditors for the ensuing year and to fix their remuneration (KPMG Taseer Hadi and Co. Chartered Accountants, retire, and being eligible, have offered themselves for re-appointment). As required by paragraph xxxix of the Code of Corporate Governance, the Board of Directors recommends, based on the recommendation of the Audit Committee the appointment of KPMG Taseer Hadi and Co.
4. To transact any other business which may legally be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
Finance Director and Company Secretary
1. The Shares Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from September 15th 2011 to September 28th, 2011 (both days inclusive). No transfer will be accepted for registration during this period.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of him. A proxy must be member of the Company.
3. The instrument appointing the proxy and the Power of Attorney or other authority under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy thereof, must be lodged at the Company’s Registered Office i.e. B/21, S.I.T.E., Karachi, not later than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
4. CDC Account Holders will have to follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2011 issued by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For more information, contact:
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: (92-21) 111-001122
Fax: (92-21) 3241 0825, (92-21) 3241 5136