Karachi: Please find herewith copy of the Notice for the Annual General Meeting to be held on 30th January 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that 33rd Annual General Meeting of SHAHMURAD SUGAR MILLS LIMITED will be held at the Registered Office of the Company at 96-A, Sindhi Muslim Society, Karachi on Monday, 30th January, 2012 at 03.30 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 32nd Annual General Meeting held on 25th January, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended September 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To approve payment of Cash Dividend @ 10 % i.e. Re.1/= per ordinary shares of Rs.10/ each for the year ended 30th September 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. To appoint Auditors and to fix their remuneration for the year ended 30th September 2012. The present Auditors M/s Hyder Bhimji and Co, Chartered Accountants, retire and offer themselves for re-appointment.
5. To transact any other business with permission of the Chair.
1. The Register of the Members of the Company will remain closed from 23rd January, 2012 to 2nd February, 2012 (both days inclusive) for the purpose of holding the Annual General Meeting/ Transfer of Shares.
2. A members of the Company entitled to attend and vote may appoint any member as his/her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. Proxies Must be received at the registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the Meeting.
3. CDC Accounts Holders will further have to follow the under-mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular I dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or person whose securities are in group accounts and their registered details are uploaded as pet the Regulations shall authenticate his identity by showing his Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For appointing proxies:
In case of individuals the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registered details are uploaded as per the Regulations shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirements.
i. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC number shall be mentioned on the form.
ii. Attested copies CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iii. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
iv. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Director’s resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the company.
4. Shareholder are requested to inform the Company’s Share Registrar M/S. C and K Management Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. of any change in their addresses immediately.
For more information, contact:
Shahmurad Sugar Mills Limited
96-, Sindhi Muslim,