Karachi: Enclosed please find Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on 29 October 2011. The Notice will be published in newspapers as per statutory requirement, in second week of October 2011.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Thirty First Annual General Meeting of the Company, Rupali Polyester Limited will be held at Rupali House, 241-242 Upper Mall Scheme, Anand Road, Lahore on Saturday, 29 October 2011 at 10:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1) To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on 30 October 2010.
2) To revolve, consider and adopt Audited Accounts of the Company together with the Directors and Auditors Reports thereon for the year ended 30 June 2011.
3) To approve payment of final cash dividend @ 55% i.e. Rs.5.50 per share for the year ended 30 June 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4) To re-appoint Messrs Qavi and Co., Chartered Accountants as External Auditors of the Company for the year 2011-12 and to fix their remuneration.
5) To transact such other ordinary business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 22 October 2011 to 29 October 2011 (both days inclusive) for determining the entitlement of dividend. The members whose names appear in the register of members as at the close of business on 21 October 2011 will qualify for payment of dividend.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his or her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
3. Accountholders/sub-accountholders holding book entry securities of the Company in Central Depository System (CDS) of Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC) who wish to attend the meeting are requested to please bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport with a photocopy duly attested by their bankers along with participant’s I.D. number and their account number in CDS for identification purposes.
4. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee together with the original proxy (aim duly filled in must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. The nominees shall produce their original CNIC or original passport at the time of attending the meeting for identification purpose1
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their addresses immediately.
For more information, contact:
Rupali Polyester Limited
Rupali House, 241-242 Upper Mall,
Scheme, Anand Road,
Lahore – 54000,
Tel: (92-42) 35713101-4
Fax: (92-42) 35713095-6