Karachi: We are pleased to inform you that the Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 23 October, 2011 to 31 October, 2011 (both days Inclusive) for holding AGM scheduled on 31 October, 2011, as per copy of the notice attached.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 25th Annual General Meeting of Pioneer Cement Limited will be held at 66 Garden Block, New Garden Town, Lahore on Monday, 31 October, 2011 at 11:30 a.m. to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of the extraordinary general meeting held on 31 March, 2011
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited accounts for the year ended 30 June, 2011 and the reports of the directors and auditors thereon.
3. To appoint auditors for the year ending 30 June, 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. To elect seven directors in accordance with the provisions of section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
5. To transact any other business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chairman.
The Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected directors as seven for the purpose of elections at this meeting. The tenure of the elected directors will be three years from the date of election.
The names of the retiring directors are:
Mr. Asif Hussain Bukhari
Mr. Mr. Omer adil Jaffer
Mr. William G. Rodgers
Mr. Aly Khan
Mr. Cevdet Dal
Mr. Mr. Etrat H. Rizvi
Mr. Saleem Shahzada
Any person who seeks to contest this election shall file with the Company at the Registered Office, not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting, a notice of his/ Her intention to offer himself/ herself for election as a director.
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 23 October, 2011 to 31 October, 2011 (both days inclusive) for the purpose of holding the AGM.
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at this mooting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf, Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company at the registered office not less than 48 hours before the meeting. The shareholder through CDC and representatives of corporate entities are requested to bring original NIC/Passport for the purpose of identification to attend the meeting and follow the guidelines contained in Circular No.1 of 2000 dated 26 January, 2000 issued by SECP reproduced on reverse of the Proxy Form.
2. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change in address, if any.
For more information, contact:
Pioneer Cement Limited
66- Garden Block,
New Garden Town, Lahore