Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on 27 April 2012 at 3:30 PM, for circulation amongst your members. This notice will appear in the newspapers on 05 April 2012.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Eighth Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) Auditorium, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Near Teen Talwar, Clifton, Karachi on Friday 27 April 2012 at 3.30 PM to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the seventh Annual General Meeting held on 05 April 2011.
2. To receive and adopt the audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2011, together with Directors Report and Auditors’ Report thereon.
3. To appoint auditors for the year 2012 and to fix remuneration. The present auditors M/s. A. F. Ferguson and Co. Chartered Accountants being eligible offer themselves for reappointment.
4. Any other matter with the permission of Chairman.
The Share Transfer Register of the Company will remain closed from 20 April to 27 April 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another person as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of his/her behalf at the meeting. Proxies, in order to be valid, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company situated at 8th floor, Shaheen Complex, M.R. Kayani Road, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the meeting. A member shall not be entitled to attend to appoint more than one proxy.
3. CDC shareholders are requested to bring their Computerized National Identity Cards, Accounts / Sub-Accounts Number and Participant’s ID Number in the Central Depository Company (CDC) for identification purpose when attending the meeting. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
4. Shareholders are requested to notify the Company of any change of address immediately.
5. The Individual Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and the Corporate Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their valid National Tax Number (NTN) to the Company are once again requested to send the same with the Folio number at the earliest directly to the Company’s Share Registrar FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, State Life Building # 1-A, 1st floor I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi.
For more information, contact:
PICIC Insurance Limited
Eighth Floor, Shaheen Complex
M.R. Kayani Road. Karachi 74200 Pakistan
Tel: (02l) 3221 9555-60
Facsimile: (021) 3221 9561