Karachi: Further to our letter dated August 19, 2011 (copy unclosed), we are enclosing herewith a copy of Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on 23 September 2011.
Extra Ordinary General Meeting and Book Closure
Reference to the above noted subject we would like to inform you that the election of Directors for the next term of three years will be held on September 23, 2011. For the purpose of entitlement to attend the meeting the Register of members shall be closed from September 15, 2011 to September 23, 2011 (both clays inclusive).
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting will be sent shortly.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of PHILIP MORRIS (PAKISTAN) LIMITED (formerly Lakson Tobacco Company Limited) will be held on Friday. September 23, 2011 at 10.30 a.m. at Avari Renaissance Towers Hotel, Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To elect seven Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors for a term of three years commencing from September 27, 2011 in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Company and Companies Ordinance, 1984. The retiring Directors are: M/s. Arpad Konye, Paul Norman Janelle, Nicolas Floras, David Charles Abbott, Mohammad Farooq Shakoor, Asmer Naim and Ms. Eunice Hamilton.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from September 15, 2011 to September 23, 2011 (both days inclusive), Transfer received in order at the Office of the Company’s share Registrar, FAMCO Associates (Pvt.) Ltd, State Life Building No.1-A, 1st Floor, Wallace Road, Off I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi up to September 14, 2011 will be considered in time to be eligible to attend the meeting.
2. A member who has deposited his/her shares into central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her participant’s ID number and account/sub-account number along with original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/ Power of Attorney with specimen signatures shall be submitted with the proxy form to the Company.
4. Forms of proxy to be valid must be received at the Share Registrar’s office not later than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Share Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards to the Company’s Registrar are requested to send the same at the earliest.
7. A form of proxy is enclosed herewith.
For more information, contact:
Philip Morris (Pakistan) Limited
(Formerly Lakson Tobacco Company Limited)
4th Floor, Bahria Complex – III, M.T. Khan Road, Kar
Tel: +92 21 3520 9800-01
Fax: +92 21 3583 5391