Karachi: Enclosed please find herewith Notice of the 27th Annual General Meeting of Pangrio Sugar Mills Limited (PNGRS), scheduled to be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 12.30 p.m. at the Auditorium of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA), Near Sidco, Avenue Center, Opposite: Libra Autos CNG Pump, Maulana Deen Mohd. Wafi Road, Karachi.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 27th Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 12.30 p.m. at the Auditorium of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA), Near Sidco Avenue Center, Opposite; Libra Autos CNG Pump, Maulana Deen Muhammad Wafai Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 26th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on January 31, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts of the Company along with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon for the year ended September 30, 2011.
3. To appoint Auditors of the Company for the year ending September 30, 2012 and fix their remuneration. The retiring Auditors, M/s. Ashim Malik and Co., Chartered Accountants, being eligible, have offered themselves for re-appointment.
4. To elect 9 (nine) Directors in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three (3) years commencing January 29, 2012.
5. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Shares Transfer Books of’ the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration from January 21, 2012 to January 30, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. In pursuance of Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 the Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected Directors at 9 (nine). The names of retiring Directors, who are eligible for re-election, are as follows:
1. Mr. Aftab Ahmad
2. Begum Akhter Abid
3. Ms. Naheed Zaffar Mirza
4. Mr. Abbas Ally Agha
5. Mr. Ali Ghazi Mirza
6. Mr. Abdullah Kamran Soomro
7. Mr. Asif Saeed
8. Mr. Akber Ali Mirza
9. Mr. Muhammad Asif (NIT)
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on Ms/her behalf.
Form of Proxies, in order to be valid, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company 48 hours before the scheduled time of Meeting. A Proxy must be a member of the Company.
4. Account holders and sub-account holders of CDC are requested to bring their original computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) or Original Passports for the purpose of identification to attend the meeting.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in address immediately.
6. Members having physical shares are requested to provide Copy of their CNIC/Passport.
For more information, contact:
Pangrio Sugar Mills Limited
10th Floor, Building No.1. Lakson Square,
Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi.
Fax: (92-21) 5680183