Karachi: Enclosed please find herewith Notice of the 22nd Annual General Meeting of Mirza Sugar Mills Limited (MZSM), scheduled to be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 02.30 p.m. at the Auditorium of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA), Near Sidco, Avenue Center, Opposite: Libra Autos CNG Pump, Maulana Deen Mohd. Wafi Road, Karachi.
Kindly acknowledge receipt and arrange circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 22nd Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 02.30 p.m. at the Auditorium of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA), Near Sidco Avenue Center, Opposite; Libra Autos CNG Pump, Maulana Deen Muhammad Wafai Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 21st Annual General Meeting of the Company held on January 31, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts of the Company along with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon for the year ended September 30, 2011.
3. To appoint Auditors of the Company for the year ending September 30, 2012 and fix their remuneration. The retiring Auditors, M/s. Rahman Sarfaraz Rahimi Iqbal Rafiq Chartered Accountants, being eligible, have offered themselves for re-appointment.
4. To elect 7 (seven) Directors in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three (3) years commencing January 29, 2012.
5. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Shares Transfer Books of’ the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration from January 21, 2012 to January 30, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. In pursuance of Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 the Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected Directors at 9 (nine). The names of retiring Directors, who are eligible for re-election, are as follows:
1. Dr. (Mrs) Fehmida Mirza
2. Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Mirza
3. Ms. Farida Abbasi
4. Mr. Arshad Abid Abbasi
5. Ms. Fareha Abid Kazi
6. Mirza Saulat Raza
7. Mr. Irshad Hussain Mirza
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf.
Form of Proxies, in order to be valid, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company 48 hours before the scheduled time of Meeting. A Proxy must be a member of the Company.
4. Account holders and sub-account holders of CDC are requested to bring their original computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) or Original Passports for the purpose of identification to attend the meeting.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in address immediately.
6. Members having physical shares are requested to provide Copy of their CNIC/Passport.
For more information, contact:
Mirza Sugar Mills Limited
10th Floor, Building No.1. Lakson Square,
Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi.
Fax: (92-21) 5680183