Karachi: We enclose a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held on 27 September 2011 which is to be published in newspaper for you information and record.
Notice of Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 31st Annual General meeting of Merit Packaging Limited will be held on Tuesday September 27, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at Avari Towers Hotel, Fatima, Jinnah Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011 with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
2. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration.
3. To consider to increase the Authorized Capital of the Company from Rs. 80,000,000 to Rs. 300,000,000 divided into 30,000,000 ordinary shares of Rs.101 – each and if thought fit to pass a special resolution in the matter.
A statement under section 160 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 in the above matter Including draft of the special resolution to be passed pertaining to item No.3 is being sent to the members of the Company alongwith the Notice.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from September 21, 2011 to September 27, 2011 both days Inclusive. Transfers received in order by the Shares Registrar of the Company M/s. Famco Associates (Private) Limited, State Life Building No. 1-A, 1st Floor, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi upto September 20, 2011 will be treated in time for the purpose of attendance of Annual General Meeting.
2. A member who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring him/her participant’s ID number and CDC account/sub-account number alongwith original computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her.
4. Forms of proxy to be valid must be properly filled – in/account and received by the Company at its registered office at Lakson Square, Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than forty-eight hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Shares Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) are requested to send the send to our Shares Registrar at the earliest.
7. Form of proxy is appended to the Annual Report being dispatched to the members.
For more information, contact:
Merit Packaging Limited
Registered Office and Corporate Department
Lakson Square, Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Road,
Tel: 3569 8000
Fax: 92-21-3568 6571