Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be hold on March 26, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Members of Invest and Finance Securities Limited (IFSL) (“the Company”) will be held on Monday, March 26, 2012 at 11.00 am at Moosa D. Desai Auditorium. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan; to transact the following businesses, after religious recitals:
1. To confirm the minutes of Twelfth Annual General Meeting of the Company held on October 07, 2011;
2. To elect seven Directors of the Company, as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provisions of Section 178(1) at the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a period of three years. The retiring Directors are: Mr. Muhammad Sohail Dayala. Mrs. Halima Dayala, Syed Kaleem Akhtar, Mr. Muhammad Awais, Mr. Ahmed Zakir Hafeez, Mr. Shakeel Ahmed and Syed Rashid Ali. The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election;
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed for the period from March 20, 2012 to March 26, 2012 (both days inclusive) and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration during this period. Transfers received in order at the Office of Company’s
Share Registrar M/s. Technology Trade (Private) Limited, Dagia House, 241-C. Block-2, P.E.C.H.S., Off: Shahra-e-Quaideen, Karachi. Pakistan (“Registrar”) at the close of business on March 19, 2012 will be considered in time to attend and vote at the Meeting.
2. Members (Non-CDC) are requested to promptly notify change in their addresses, if any, to the Registrar of the Company, Further, in accordance with the Circulars of Federal Board of Revenue and Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan for submission of copy of CNIC and printing of CNIC number on the dividend warrant(s), kindly provide photocopy of your valid CNIC, if not provided earlier, mentioning Folio Number and Name of the Company to the Registrar of the Company. All Members holding their shares through the CDC are requested to please update their particulars with their Participants.
3. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this meeting, may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her, Proxies, in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
4. a) Individual beneficial owner of CDC entitled to attend and vote at the meeting must bring his/her Participant ID and Account/Sub-Account number along with original NIC or original passport to authenticate his/her identity. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of Board of Directors/Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b) For appointing the proxy; the Individual beneficial owner of CDC shall submit the proxy form as per above requirements together with attested copy of NIC or Passport of the beneficial owner and proxy. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney, alongwith the specimen signature of the nominee, shall be submitted along with the proxy form to the Company.
The proxy form shall be witnessed by two witnesses with their names, addresses and NIC numbers. The proxy shall produce his/her original NIC or original passport at the time of meeting.
For more information, Contact:
Invest and Finance Securities Limited
12th floor, Corporate Tower,
Technocity Building, Hasrat Mohani Road
Off: I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, Pakistan
Tel: (+92 21) 32276932-35
Fax: (+92 21) 32276969