Karachi: Please find enclosed herewith Notice of 20th Annual General Meeting along with Form of Proxy of M/s. Haseeb Waqas Sugar Mills Limited (HWQS) under the requirement of Listing Regulations 18(2) of the Exchange.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby that the 20th Annual General Meeting of Haseeb Waqas Sugar Mills Limited will be held at its Registered Office, 06-F, Model Town, Lahore on Wednesday 25th January, 2012 at 09:00 a.m. to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of the Last Annual General Meeting held on January 25, 2011.
2. To receive consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended September 30,2011 together with Directors and Auditors’ Report thereon.
3. To appoint Auditors of the Company for the year ending September, 30 2012 and to fix their remuneration. The retiring Auditors M/S Qadeer and Company, Chartered Accountants, being eligible, have offered themselves for re-appointment.
4. To transact any other business with permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from January 18, 2012 to January 25, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote on his/here behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered Office of the Company, along with the attested copies of National Identity Card (NIC) or Passport, not less than 48 hours before the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed by two persons.
3. The members are requested to notify any change in their address promptly.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the SECP.
A. For Attending the Meeting:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/ or the person whose Securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original NIC or Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier ) at the time of the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i. In case of individuals, the Account holder or sub-account holder’s registration details are uploaded as per the CDC regulations shall submit the proxy from as per the above requirements.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and NIC number shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of NIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished within the proxy form.
iv. The proxy shall produce his original NIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Director’s resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier ) along with proxy from to the company.
1. This proxy form, duly completed and signed must be received at the registered Office of the Company, 6-F, Model Town, Lahore not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
2. If a member appoints more than one proxy and more than one instruments of proxies are deposited by a member with the company, all such instruments of proxy shall be rendered invalid.
3. No person can act as proxy unless he / she is member of the Company, expect that a corporation may appoint a person who is not a member.
For CDC Account Holders/ Corporate Entities.
In addition to the above, the following requirements have to be met.
1. The proxy from shall be witnessed by two person shoes names, addresses and CNIC number shall be mentioned on the form.
ii. Attested copies of CNIC or Passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be provided with the proxy form.
iii. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
iv. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ Resolution / Power of Attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier ) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Haseeb Waqas Sugar Mills Limited
6-F, Model Town, Lahore Pakistan.
Phones: 042- 35917321 -23
Fax: 92-42- 35917317