Karachi: With reference to the Board of Directors decision to hold the Annual General Meeting of the Company on Saturday October 29, 2011 at 11.00 AM at Hotel Sunfort, Liberty Market, Gulberg, Lahore.
Please find attached notice of the AGM to be published in newspapers and will also be transmitted to the shareholders.
In pursuance to listing regulation # 28 (1) of the exchange, you are requested to grant us approval for date and time of the annual general meeting.
Notice Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that 4th Annual General Meeting of shareholders of Ghani Gases Limited will be held, on Saturday October 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM at Hotel Sunfort, Liberty Market, Gulberg, Lahore for transacting of the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of 3rd Annual General Meeting held on October 30, 2010.
2. To receive and adopt annual audited accounts of the company together with auditors and directors report for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration. Present auditors M/s Rizwan and Company, Chartered Accountants being eligible offer themselves for reappointment.
4. To elect seven directors of the Company for a period of three years under section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 in place of present directors retiring on October 31, 2011 and to increase the remuneration of Chief Executive Officer and two other working directors, Names of present retiring directors are; (I) Mr. Masroor Ahmad Khan (ii) Mr. Atiq Ahmad Khan (iii) Mr. Hafiz Farooq Ahmad (iv) Mrs. Tahira Naheed (v) Mrs. Aysha Masroor (vi) Mrs. Rabia Atiq (vii) Mrs. Saira Forooq Any
5. Any other business with permission of the Chair.
1) The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from Friday October21, 2011 to Friday October 28, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2) Any person who seeks to contest election to the office of Director shall file with the Company, not later than fourteen days before the date of the Meeting a notice of his/her intention to offer himself / herself for the election of a Director in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, together with consent to act as Director on Form-28 and declarations under the Code of Corporate Governance.
3) A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his or her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. A proxy must be a member of the Company.
4) CDC account holders will have to follow the following guidelines for attending the meeting:
i) In case of individuals the account holders, sub account holders and the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing original ID cards or passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDC are also requested to bring their participation I.D. members and account number in CDC.
ii) In case of corporate entity, Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of nominee shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
5) Shareholders are requested to promptly communicate any change in their addresses to our Company’s Share Registrar M/s THK Associates (Pvt.) Limited, Ground Floor, State Life Building No, 3. Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi-75530.
For more information, contact:
Ghani Gases Limited
82-N, Model Town Ext.,