Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on Tuesday October 25, 2011 at 08:00 p.m. for circulation amongst the members prior to publication and dispatch to the shareholders.
Notice of Annual Genera! Meeting (AGM XVII)
Notice is hereby given that the AGM XVII of First Dawood Investment Bank Limited will be held at its Registered Office, 1900-B, Saima Trade Towers, I.I.Chundrigar Road, Karachi on Tuesday, October 25, 201 at 08:00 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of XVI Annual General Meeting held on October 26, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To consider the appointment of Auditors for the year 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. Any other Business with the permission of the Chair.
1. To consider approve limit enhancement of investment in associated company u/s. 208 and 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and pass the following Special resolution, with or without modification.
Proposed Special Resolution
“RESOLVED that the Company be and is hereby authorized, for the purpose of section 208 and 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 to enhance investment limit in Dawood Family Takaful Limited, an associated company as approved in AGM-XI Resolution # 3/2005, from Rs.100 million to Rs. 210 Million at par, subject to the compliance of rules and regulations as applicable and approvals, if any, of the relevant authority(ies)”.
This enhancement is needed to meet the section 208 requirement as the company has received 10.966 million shares of Dawood Family Takaful Limited in settlement from two non-performing debts.
“RESOLVED further that the Chief Executive and Company Secretary be and are hereby authorized severally to do all the acts, deeds and things necessary to implement this Resolution and also empowered to make amendments/modifications to the Resolution as may be required and such amendments/modifications shall also be deemed as having been approved by the shareholders.”
1. The share transfer books of the Company shall remain closed from October 18, 2011 to October 25, 2011 (both days inclusive). Shareholders are requested to notice to our Share Registrar FD Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt.) Ltd at 1108, 11th Floor, Trade Center, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, if any change of address immediately.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf: No person other than a member shall act as proxy. Proxy forms in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office, duly stamped and signed not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. The CDC account/sub-account holders are requested to bring with them their computerized National ID Cards (CNIC) along with Participant(s) ID number and their account numbers at the time of attending this meeting in order to facilitate identification of the respective shareholder(s). In respect of corporate entity the Board of Directors Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signatures be produced at the time of meeting.
For more information, contact:
CFO and Company Secretary
First Dawood Investment Bank Limited
19th Floor, Tower B,
Saima Trade Tower,
I.I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi – 74000.
UAN: 111-DAWOOD (111-329-663)
Fax: (92-21) 3227-1912/3