Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby Given that the Thirteenth Annual General Meeting of Dewan Sugar Mills Limited (“DSML” or “the Company”) will be held on Monday, January 30, 2012, at 09:30 a.m. at Dewan Cement Limited Factory Site, at Deh Dhando, Dhabeji, District Malir, Karachi, Pakistan to transact the following business upon recitation from Holy Quran and other religious recitals:
1. To confirm the minutes of the preceding Annual General Meeting of the Company held on Monday, January 31, 2011:
2. To receive, consider, approve and adopt the annual audited financial statements of the Company for the year ended September 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon:
3. To appoint the Statutory Auditors’ of the Company for the ensuing year, and to fix their remuneration:
4. To consider, approve and fix the remuneration of Director of the Company.
5. To consider any other business with permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed for the period from January 24, 2012 to January 30, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. Members are requested to immediately notify change in their addresses, if any at our Shares Registrar. Transfer Agent BMF Consultants Pakistan (Private) Limited, located at Annum Estate Building, Room No. 310 and 311, 3rd Floor, 48 Darul Aman Society, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Adjacent Baloch Colony Bridge, Karachi, Pakistan.
3. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this meeting, may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies in order to be effective, must be received by the Company at the above said address, not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
4. CDC Account holders will further have to observe the following guidelines, as laid down in Circular 01 dated January 20, 2000, issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a) For Attending Meeting:
i) In case of individual, the account holders or sub-account holder, and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney along with the specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b) For Appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individual, the account holder or sub-account holder, and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirements.
ii) Two person, whose names, addresses, and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form, shall witness the proxy.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or passport of the beneficial owners and proxy shall be furnished along with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney, along with the specimen signature of the nominee, shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) along with the proxy form to the Company.
For more information, Contact
Dewan Sugar Mills Limited
Finance and Trade Centre (FTC),
7th Floor, Block- A,
Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi- Pakistan.
UAN: (92-21) 111-364-111
Fax: (92-21) 5630860