Karachi: Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of the Company will be held at the Registered Office of the Company at 20-K Gulberg II, Lahore on this January 31, 2012 at 4:00 P.M to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on October 31, 2011
2. To elect seven (7) directors of the Company, as fixed by the Board of Directors, pursuant to Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, for the period of three years with effect from January 31, 2012 in place of the following retiring Directors.
1. Mr. Pervez Ahmed
2. Mr. Hassan Ibrahim Ahmed
3. Mr. Atta ur Rehman
4. Mr. Muhammad Yousuf
5. Mr. Ali Pervez Ahmed
6. Mr. Suleman Ahmed
7. Mr. Muntazir Mehdi
3. Any other ordinary business with the permission of the chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from January 24, 2012 to January 31, 2012 (Both Days Inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his / her proxy to attend the meeting and vote for him / her. Proxies in order to be effective must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. Any person who seeks to contest election to the office of director, whether he is retiring or otherwise, shall file with the Company not later than 14 (fourteen) days before the date of meeting, a notice of his / her intention to offer himself / herself for election as a director together with his / her consent to act as director as required under Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984. The consent should accompany the relevant declaration as required under the “Code of Corporate Governance”
4. Shareholders are required to immediately notify the Registrar of any change in their postal addresses.
5. Account holders and sub-account holders holding bock entry securities in respect of the shares of the Company in Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, who wish to attend the General Meeting are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Cards for identification purpose.
For more information, contact:
D.S. Industries Limited
20-K, Gulberg II, Lahore, Pakistan
Ph: 092-42 5875303, 092-42 5759621, 092-42 5714810
Fax: 092-42 5710312