Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on 28 January 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of Crescent Steel and Allied Products Limited will be held on Saturday, 28 January 2012 at 12:30 P.M. at= Qasr-e-Noor, 9-E/2 Main Boulevard, Gulberg-III, Lahore to transect the following ordinary business:
To elect seven (7) Directors as fixed by the Board of Director of the Company under Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a period of three years commencing from 30 January 2012 in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. Following are the names of the retiring Directors:
1. Mr. Mazhar Karim
2. Mr. Ahsan M. Saleem
3. Mr. Muhammad Saad Thaniana
4. Mr. Nasir Shafi
5. Mr. S.M. Ehtishamullah
6. Syed Zahid Hussain (Nominee NIT)
7. Mr. Zahid Bashir
The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
1. The Share Transfer Book of the Company shall remain closed from 21 January 2012 to 28 January 2012 (both days inclusive) to determine the names of members entitled to attend the meeting and vote. Transfers received in order at the registered office of the Company at the close of business on 20 January 2012 will be treated in time for attending the meeting.
2. Any person who seeks to contest election to the office of a director shall, whether he is a retiring director or otherwise, file the following with the Company at its Registered Office. 10th Floor, BOP Tower, 10-B, E/2, Gulberg-III, Lahore not later than fourteen days before the date of the above said meeting:
i. His/her intention to offer himself/herself for election of directors in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, together with his/her consent in Form 28 prescribed under the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
ii. A declaration in terms of Clause (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) of the Code of Corporate Governance. The specimen of declarations could be obtained from the Company’s Share Registrar, M/s CorpTec Associates (Pvt.) Limited, 7/3-G, Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani Road, Gulberg-II, Lahore during business hours.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint any other member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote for him/her behalf. The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority under which it is signed or a notarized attested copy of the power of attorney must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company at least 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting, and must be signed, stamped and witnessed.
4. Members are requested to timely notify any change in their addresses.
5. Members who have deposited their shares in the Central Depository System of the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited will have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting
a. In case of Individual, the account holder and/or sub-account holder whose registration details are uploaded as per the CDC Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original CNIC or original Passport along-with Participant IDD number and the Account number at the time of attending the Meeting.
b. In case of corporate entity, the Board’s resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies
a. In case of individuals, the account holder and/or sub-account holder whose registration details are uploaded as per the CDC Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per above requirements.
b. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons, whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
c. Attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
d. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
e. In case of corporate entity, the Board’s resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be furnished (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Crescent Steel and Allied Products Limited
9th Floor, SIDCO Avenue Centre,
264-R.A. Lines, Karachi-74200 Pakistan
Tel: (021) 3567-4881-5