Karachi: We enclose a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held on 12 September 2011 which is to be published in newspapers for your information and record.
Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is Hereby given that the 33rd Annual General Meeting of Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited will be held on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 10.00 a.m. at Avari Towers Hotel, Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
2. To declare final dividend in cash @ 140% i.e. Rs.14 per share of Rs.10 each and by way of issue of fully paid bonus shares @ 15% i.e. in the proportion of three (3) shares for every twenty (20) shares held by the members, as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration.
4. To consider, subject to declaration of the final dividend as above, capitalization of a sum of Rs. 47,386,290 by way of issue 4,738,629 fully paid bonus shares of Rs.10 each, and if thought fit to pass an ordinary resolution in the matter.
A statement under section 160 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 in the above matter including draft of the ordinary resolution to be passed pertaining to item No. 4 is being sent to the members of the Company alongwith the notice.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from September 06, 2011 to September 12, 2011, both days inclusive. Transfers received in order by the Shares Registrar of the Company M/s. FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, State Life Building No. 1-A, 1st Floor, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi upto September 05, 2011 will be considered in time for entitlement of the dividend and bonus shares.
2. A member who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her participant’s ID number and account/sub-account number alongwith original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the general meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her.
4. Forms of proxy to be valid must be properly filled-in/executed and received at the Company’s Registered Office at Lakson Square Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Shares Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) are requested to send the same to our Shares Registrar at the earliest.
7. Form of Proxy is appended to the Annual Report and being dispatched to the members.
For more information, contact:
Colgate-Palmolive Pakistan Limited
Lakson Square, Building No.2,
Sarwar Shaheed Road,
Tel: 3569 8000
Fax: 92-21-3568 4712