Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on January 31, 2012, for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of the Company will be held at Head Office, 135-Upper Mall Lahore, at 11.30 A.M. on Tuesday, 31st January, 2012 to transact the following ordinary business.
1. To confirm the Minutes of Last Annual General Meeting held on 31-10-2010.
2. To elect 7 Directors of the Company for a period of three years commencing from 31-01-2012.The Number of Directors to be elected is fixed at 7 directors by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provision of section 178 of the company’s ordinance, 1984. The names of the retiring directors are as under and they are eligible for re-election.
(1) Mian Muhammad Aslam Bashir
(2) Mian Muhammad Omer Idrees
(3) Mian Muhammad Idrees
(4) Mr. Haroon Rashid
(5) Mrs. Mamoona Idrees
(6) Mrs. Farah Aslam
(7) Mrs. Mehr Omer
3. Any other business with the permission of the Chairman.
Statement of Material facts u/s 160 of Companies Ordinance
It has beers term of decided that the lease agreement with Din Textile Mills Ltd be renewed / extended for another one year commencing from November 2011. This will improve the liquidity position of the company and will save fixed overhead during shut down period. Also it will be in the best interest of shareholders and the Company.
1- The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 25-01-2012 to 31-01-2012 (both days inclusive).The transfers received in order at the registered office of the Company, i.e., 135- Upper Mall, Lahore, up to 24-01-2012, will be considered in time.
2- A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must reach the Company’s registered office at 135-Upper Mall, Lahore, not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
3. The C.D.C. shareholders desiring to attend the meeting are requested to bring their Original National Identity Cards, Accounts and Participant I. D. Numbers for identification.
4. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify the company of any change in their addresses.
For more information, contact:
Brothers Textile Mills Limited
Fax: (042) 35710417