Karachi: In order to comply with listing regulation 18(2) of the Karachi Stock Exchange, we enclose herewith notice of 7th Annual General Meeting of the Company to be released for publication and dispatch to the shareholders on 30 September 2011.
Notice of Seventh Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Seventh Annual General Meeting of Arif Habib Limited will be held on Saturday 22 October 2011 at 12:00 p.m. at Beach Luxury Hotel, M.T. Khan Road Karachi to transact the following business:
1) To confirm minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 2 October 2010.
2) To receive, consider and adopt audited accounts of the company together with the auditors’ and directors’ report thereon including approval of the annexure there to, for the year ended 30 June 2011.
3) To appoint auditors of the company and fix their remuneration for the financial year 2011-12. The audit committee and the Board has recommended to appoint M/s. Rahman Sarfaraz Rahim Iqbal Rafiq, Chartered Accountants who being eligible offer themselves for re-appointnent.
4) To elect directors of the company in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984; The numbers of the directors to be elected has been fixed at seven by the Board of Directors. Name of the present seven directors retiring and eligible to file nominations for re-election are as under.
Mrs. Sharmin Shahid, Mrs. nida Ahsan, Mr. Abdul Majid M. Siddique, Mr. Haroon Usman, Mr. Abdullah A. Rahaman, Mr. Sajid Qurban Alis and Mr. Bilal Amanullah Moti
5) To approve the following resolution as a special resolution for investment in associated companies and associated undertakings:
“The consent and approval be and is hereby accorded under Section 208 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the following limits of additional investments in associated companies and associated undertakings subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the annexed statement under Section 160(1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984″.
Rupees in million
|Name of Companies and Undertakings||
|1.||Aisha Steel Mills Limited||100||100|
|2.||Safemix Concrete Products Limited||50||50|
|3.||Pakarab Fertilizers Limited||100||100|
|4.||Fatima Perthizer Company Limited||500||100|
|5.||Al-Abbas Cement Industries Limited||230||100|
|6.||Javedan Corporation Limited||750||250|
|7.||International Complex Projects Limited||100||200|
|8.||Aihamra Hills (Pvt.) Limited||100||100|
|9.||Sweet Water Dairies Pakistan Limited||100||100|
Further resolved that:
“The Chief Executive and/or the Company Secretary be and are hereby authorized to take and do and/or cause to be taken or done any/all necessary actions, deeds and things which are or may be necessary for giving effect to the aforesaid resolution and to do all acts, matters, deeds, and things which are necessary, incidental and/or consequential to the investment of the Company’s funds as above as and when required at the tIme of investment.
8) To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share transfer books of the company will remain closed from 16 October 2011 to 22 October 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at the office of our registrar: The Shares Registrar Department, Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited CDC House, 99-B, Block-B, S.M.C.H.S., Main Shahrah-e-Faisal Karachi-74400; by the close of business on 15 October 2011 will be treated in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his / her proxy who shall have such rights as respects attending, speaking and vothig at the meeting as are available to a member.
3. Procedure including the guidelines as laid down In Circular No. I- Reference No. 3(5-A) Misc/ARO/LES/96 dated 26 January 2000 issued by Secutities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
(i) Members, proxies or nominees shall authenticate their identity by showing their original national identity card or original passport and bring their folio numbers at the time of attending the meeting.
(ii) In the case of corporate entity, Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney and attested copy of the CNIC or passport of the nominee shall also be produced (unless provided earlier) at the tune of meeting.
(iii) In order to be effective, the proxy forms must be received at the office of our registrar not later than 48 hours before the meeting, duly signed and stamped and witnessed by two persons with their names, address, CNIC numbers and signatures.
(iv) In the case of individuals, attested copies of CNIC or passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(v) In the case of proxy by a corporate entity, Board of Directors resolution/power of attorney and attested copy of the CNIC or passport of the proxy shall be submitted alongwith proxy form.
4. Members are requested to promptly notify any change hi address by writing to the office of the registrar.
For more information, contact:
Arif Habib Limited
Arif Habib Center,
Khan Road, Karachi-74000
Tel: (92-21) 32415213-15