Karachi: We are enclosing herewith copies of our advertisements published in the Daily “Business Recorder” and daily “Jasarat” Karachi in Urdu on January 06, 2012, regarding that the Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Company.
This is for your information and record.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 21st Annual General Meeting of Al-Abbas Sugar Mills Limited will be held at Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at to transact the :00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of the Company held on January 31, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt Annual Audited Financial Statements for the year ended September for the year ended September 30, 2011. together with the reports of the Auditors’ and Directors’ thereon.
3. To declares and approves a final cash dividend of Rs. 5 per share (50 %) for the year ended September 30, 2011.
4. To appoint auditors for the ensuing year, and to fix their remuneration. Messers Hyder Bhimji and Co., Chartered Accountants, retire and being eligible have offered them for re-appointment.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
By order of the Board
1. Share Transfer Books will be closed from January 24, 2012 to January 31, 2012 (both days inclusive.)
2. All Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting. A Member may appoint a proxy who needs to be a Member of the Company.
3. The instrument appointing the proxy and other authority under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy thereof, must be lodged at eh Company’s Registered Office or Share Registrar Office at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. Any change of address of Members should be notified immediately to the Company’s Share Department. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulation shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors, resolution / power of attorney with the specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulation shall submit the proxy form as per the requirement by the Company.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnesses by two persons whose names, address and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors, resolution / power of attorney with the specimen signature shall be submitted along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Zubair Ahmed Edhi
Al-Abbas Sugar Mills Limited
Pardesi House, Survey No. 2/1, R.Y. 16
Old Queens Road Karachi-74000
UAN: (92-21) 111-111-224
Fax: (92-21) 2470090